Take time to be thankful for everything you have.
You can always have more, but you could also have less.
My friends and I decided to do a one week challenge on our blogs about being deliberately thankful so as to just get a positive perspective on life, and cultivating a habit of being thankful for the least of things.
It is easy to keep looking at the negative side of every situation and ignore the little things that we should actually be thankful for.
So, each day of this week, we will be deliberately thankful for the little things.
They will be blogging at ikomusana.wordpress.com and hopejakisa.wordpress.com. Do check out their blog posts as well.
Here’s what I am thankful for today.
1. By 7:00am today, the sun was up, shining bright and beautiful. (I would the choose sun everyday over rain.😁).
It has been extremely rainy thesedays that we always wake up to cold, dull and cloudy mornings. I feel like the idea of waking up to a new day loses meaning when the day we are waking up to is cold, dull and rainy etc. A new day should be beautiful and sunny, in my opinion.
I am thankful for the fact that I woke up to a bright day.
2. I am thankful for the gift of friendship. I have extremely lovely friends(but doesn’t everyone else? 😁). I spent about an hour or so with my friends today and we just teased eachother, laughed, took pictures etc. I was happy. I LOVE my friends.
3. I am thankful for my love for taking pictures. Lol. It sounds trivial but I am really thankful for that because I feel I have a hold on my memorable moments through pictures.
I was looking through my friends’ pictures today and I saw pictures of as far as 2013 when we were still young and had just become friends.😁
The memories kept coming back. We had a reminiscence of sorts and I am glad I have those memories.
4. I am thankful for laughter. Once upon a time, only afew things had the ability to make me laugh ;),because I guess I just dint pay attention to the funny side of things.
But well, I met laughter and my days got brighter and lighter. Today was one that of those days I laughed at even things I dint think I was supposed to be laughing about.
5. I am thankful that I got the to listen to a great speaker/preacher; Daniel Malinga. He spoke at my fellowship this evening and I was so blessed!.
5. And finally, I am thankful that I lived through today to write this post.
That’s all for today.. Please don’t forget to read through my friends’ posts as well on the links I put above.
Will be back here tommorrow.