A while ago, I was nominated for the Sisterhood Blog Award by ME aka The Short Black Girl.
She is such a bubbly person.
She blogs at http://minisculediary.wordpress.com
She writes these really amazing stories that you should totally check out whenever you can.
Thank you ME for nominating me. (okay that sounded weird😁).
The rules for this post are:
1. Display the Award’s Logo on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you, and mention them in a link that easily links them back to their own site.
3. Answer ten questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
4. Nominate ten other bloggers and inform them about the nomination.
5. Ask them ten questions of your choice.
Since I am done with the first two rules, I will dive right in to the questions I was asked:
1. What is writing to you?
Someone once said that people who don’t write/journal probably scream or fight when all the crazy around them gets to them.
Well, I don’t want to scream or fight when I get overwhelmed by all the crazy around me. I don’t want to let memories both good and bad pass me by. So I write them down.
To me, writing is therapeutic.
It is an escape from the “real world” into that quiet place I like to call my happy place.
Sometimes alot of things are going on in my head and I don’t want to put anyone through the task of understanding them so I get my journal and write and write and write knowing that I won’t have to explain to anyone, it’s just me connecting with my highs, lows, excitements, insecurities, insanities, fantasies, basically, it is me connecting with me.
When I am satisfied, I can get back into the “real world”.
2. Have you ever been called weird? Why? Would you say you are weird?
Yes. I have been called weird before.
Why? Because some people who know me think my lifestyle/ some of the things I do are weird.😁
Do I think I am weird?.. Uuh. Yeah. Alittle bit I guess…Good weird though. Not bad weird.. Haha😋
3. How do you say I love you in your native dialect?
We say Amina Engo’ jo.
My native dialect is Ateso from Eastern Uganda..
4. Which one do you prefer, daily love letters or daily gifts (however little)?
Wow, this is a hard one for me to pick a favourite from because I doubt that I actually prefer one to the other. They are both really sweet gestures.
Love letters are precious, timeless and so romantic. I love writing random short notes to people I love, because to me, words are very powerful, written ones last for as long as you can keep them; which could even be for eternity!.Reading sweet words written from the heart is surreal, so receiving love letters daily would be one of the sweetest things that could ever happen to me.
However, I lloovvee gifts too. I mean I LLLOOVVEE gifts (this one’s for everyone who loves me.😁).
Especially those that show how much thought someone put into it, however small the gift is.
Hypothetically speaking, receiving gifts daily would mean most of them had to be those little thoughtful ones unless ofcourse my daily gift giver is Sudhir Ruparelia.. Loll.
So, let’s go with the notion that most of these gifts are those little well thought-out ones, I would so want to receive them daily.
But hey guys, like I said, all these are lovely, so I can’t pick one. I will have to go with both of them. Somedays the love letters will do, other days, the gifts will do just fine.
5. What is your favourite aspect of womanhood?
I have many favorites but the ultimate one is our ability to go against all odds, break the stereotype, and rise beyond what the world has for a long time expected of women.
This is so common in Africa where women have been put into certain “little boxes” which they are never to get out from. Seeing women break these barriers is phenomenal.
I enjoyed answering these questions. I wish there had been more!
So, here are my nominees:
2. Angel, http://mbeks27.wordpress.com
3. Hope, http://hopejakisa.wordpress.com
4. Fionah http://ikomusana.wordpress.com
5. KinkChic http://kinkchic01.wordpress.com
6. Adayeba, http://adayeba.wordpress.com
And these are your questions:
1. Are you a feminist? Do you think feminism is overrated?
2. Career woman or stay at home mum?
3. What is love to you?
4. Natural hair is the new black among African women thesedays, with alot of ladies transitioning from relaxed to natural and also, ladies who had natural hair before taking more interest in it because they realise how versatile their hair is.
However, some people say it is just a trend that will eventually wither away like many other trends.
What is your opinion about this?
5. What is a perfect day to you?
6. What is your typical everyday outfit?
7. Females friends or male friends, which do you prefer? Why?.
8. What animal best describes you?
9. How do you like your personal space arranged? (Your house, if you have a house, or your room, or whatever place you consider your personal space)
10. Any five most important lessons life has taught you so far? Share..
That’s it guys. I am already excited to hear what you have to say. It will be nice getting to know alittle more about all of you beyond the blogging.
However, remember that this award is optional. You don’t have to participate if you don’t want to, and that is okay with me.
So, ladies.. Let’s get to answering these questions!!..
PS: I love long answers. Lol.
Have a lovely night.