Heyy y’all.. how are we all doing?
High spirits over here because I spent the day with one of my most favourite people.
Today’s day 2 of the 30 day blogging challenge I told you about..
Today’s topic is:
20 FACTS ABOUT YOU.
Well, well, well is there anything new to know about me really? During my hey days on this blog, I talked about myself quite alot that I’m really finding it hard to get something useful to add. Let’s try though.
1. I unconsciously “lie” (for lack of a better word, because I don’t consider it lying.😁) about my age sometimes, especially to strangers. I tell them I’m a year older than I actually am. This started when I was 17, I used to tell people I was 18 and then the cycle continued to date.
2. My personality differs depending on who I’m with. So there’s a category of people who think I’m fun, outspoken and outgoing and there’s another category who I think I’m reserved, quiet and guarded. It just depends on who you are.
3. I’m in llloovveeeee with weddings.
4. Despite my height, some people ask me whether I’ve modelled before or whether I consider being a model sometime. Yes, I’ve modelled before. Do I consider modelling, I guess maybe pictorial modelling.
5. I wore a gomesi (traditional attire for the baganda in Uganda) for the very first time last month.
All I have to say is, I respect everyone who wears that stuff and can still look effortlessly graceful the whole day. I tripped a gazillion times, or I held the thingy too high or forgot and mistakenly pulled out those folds at the sides, and I couldn’t even dance like I wanted to. It was work!.
6. I have and odd liking for even numbers. I find them more organised looking. Loll.
7. I currently kind of have a mini crush on Timi Dakolo.
Not that I just got to know him, no. I just have this weird thing where I crush on people after even years of knowing them.
8. I’m not single. I’ve not been for the past two years and four months.
I rarely talk about it here because I’m abit of a private person with such things, and I have not yet got to a point where I go all out about it on the blog.
9. My middle name is Esther. However, hardly anyone calls me Esther. Once in a while my dad will call me Haddasah (Jewish for Esther), then some people who meet me for the first time call me Esther until they realise everyone else doesn’t, and then they are done, once in a while someone will shock me and call me Esther. Other than that, my middle name is pretty much non existent.
10. Don’t buy me a cake or a teddy bear as a birthday present. Please.
11. I really prefer wearing heels to flat shoes.
I was fortunate enough to go to a high school that accepted us to wear heels to church on Sundays. I had the time of my life. Lol. I feel more confident when wearing them. However, this campus life of mine has made that impossible. I (almost) never wear heels to campus.
It’s not me who will be walking to and from my hostel, around different lecture rooms the whole day in high heeled shoes.
12. I’m currently reading Sycamore Row for like the 4th time.
Not because I want it that way, no. Because I’ve run out of books to read. Someone please lend me a good book.
12. I sucked two of my fingers on my left hand until primary 6 when I joined boarding school and met bullies who kept laughing at me and through that, they motivated me to stop.
13. I grew up watching Nollywood movies and I still watch them. Yes, I still watch them. Seeing the amazing transformation and growth the industry has had over the years is inspiring.
14. I sort of have a selective memory. I usually remember only what I want to remember and shut out the rest.
15. I’m totally bad with languages. Jeez!. Which, I’ve realised is a bad and frustrating position to be in if the kind of work you are involved in involves talking to people in a local language sometimes. I’ve looked and felt stupid, inefficient and incompetent because of language barrier. Even mere luganda gives a child such a hard time.
16. I sang in the church choir for the better part of my primary and secondary school. But just like Joel Jemba , my singing voice gradually disappeared with boarding school.
17. I truly truly appreciate everyone who takes their time to read and comment on my posts. You guys keep me blogging. Like Komusana says, I love you for reading!.
18. I have failed to come up with 20 facts.
Do we have anything in common? Let’s share in the comments section.
And, let’s go have a look at Komusana’s blog too.